But wait... let's rewind to 6am. I woke up in an utter panic over linoleum flooring! I was reading (OK, maybe stalking is a better word) other Ryan Homes blogs and I saw a similar kitchen to ours with the linoleum I thought I wanted..... I initially chose a very light color and when I saw it all together, it didn't give me that "come hither" look that a warm and inviting kitchen should. I guess I knew it would look different from the model, which had hardwood, but I was shocked at the difference. To make a long story short, this resulted in a trip to Lowe's and 5,000 phone calls to SR Chris to try to get into the showroom NOW! Drama much? Hubby reminded me that the reason we were doing base level flooring was because hardwood was in our near future. Oh yea, duh, OK. Panic over followed by apologies.
- Security system with additional sensors, additional keypad in the Owner's suite and smoke alarm communicator. We chose the Empower system- we can turn stuff on and off, like lights and other things with our cell phones, how awesome is that?!
- Whole house audio with speakers- 2 room option
- Coax and Cat-5 ran to 8 different places in the house including Family room, Living room, Loft, Owner's suite, BR1 and BR 2.
- Elevation B with siding
- Our lot is graded for a walk out basement
- Deck- 150 sq ft
- Gas water heater
- Extended basement under breakfast room
- Sliding glass door (came with lot- we still get one off the breakfast room too)
- Morning room with both additional windows (the deck is right off the morning room)
- 42" Maple Cognac cabinets
- Kitchen cabinet crown moulding
- Kitchen Gourmet island
- Recessed lighting in kitchen
- Over the stove microwave mount with venting
- 2nd level fridge- side by side doors with an icemaker and water (included was the dishwasher and stove)
- Gas range upgrade
- Pine spindles and balusters (this will be on the lower level plus the upper)
- 3 ceiling rough ins
- Upgraded owners bath with soaking tub and glass surround shower
- Maple Cognac vanity in Owner's bath
- Double vanity sink in Owner's
- Maple Cognac vanity in other bathroom
- Additional window in Owner's suite
- And we selected the loft instead of the 4th bedroom- technically not an upgraded but nice to share
And now colors with a few pics!
Left is the Maple Cognac cabinets, bottom is linoleum in Initiator, right is carpet in Wool Skin and the little piece in the middle to the right is the Formica laminate counter-top in Labrador Granite.
We didn't go crazy putting different flooring colors in different places- everywhere there is linoleum is Initiator and every place that is carpet is Wool Skin.
Below is some outside stuff. To the left are the shutters in black (sorry, no fancy name!), middle is the front door in Tricorn Black and to the right is the vinyl siding in Graphite Gray.
Some other stuff we didn't take pics of like the white tiles in the bathroom, chrome bath and faucets, nickel light fixtures and door handles, black kitchen appliances, cherry stained balusters and white spindles, the deck is composite in the color of weathered wood with white trim, the outside has white trim, garage door, soffit, etc and the interior is all white trim with white doors.
So from what I understand, we sit and wait... and then we wait a little more. As my Hubby says "hurry up and wait" so that's what we are gonna do! That's what he thinks, hehehe, I am already starting a list of questions for our PM. Fingers crossed we hear back from Debbie at Guardian ASAP- we only have 72 hours to cancel and I only have 5 more days until I hit the 21 day "grace period to make changes." So I will technically hurry up and wait after I hear from her!!
Hope this helps anyone contemplating buying into a Ryan Homes development, but I really hope my Mommy likes it :)