Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Bathroom update

Hi everyone!

So the new bowl for the bathroom was installed and that's a no go. They will be back next week to cut a hole in my master closet. The plumber said he has seen a problem with other RH that the vent is too short. So cutting the hole in the closet will allow him to view this and go from there. If that's the case, they want to connect that vent to the one with the master bathroom, so they can prevent going straight to the roof. I can appreciate this, I don't really want a hole cut in my roof during winter, or ever for that matter. Ongoing saga, but we love our plumber. His name is Randy, he's respectful that I work from home, nice to the dog and always takes time to just chat with us for a few moments. 

Have started decorating for the holidays! My mom will be out for thanksgiving but not Christmas, so I have 90% of Christmas decor up. Holy moly, we didn't have much and bought a ton, and it's still pretty sparse. Guess this will take years to gather over time. My husbands grand-dad always had a train set up in his basement, and now with our awesome new house, we have room! So he made a platform with train tracks on the perimeter and we are putting the Christmas tree in the middle! Will get pics once it's all complete, but so far it's just adorable.

*I'm gonna take two seconds to plug donating to the Salvation Army this season, so please ignore if you are offended. My grandfather was a prisoner of war in the Second World War. When he was released, he was put on a ship to come back to the U.S. On the ship was a Red Cross booth and a Salvation Army booth. The Red Cross booth had coffee and doughnuts, but they were for sale. Now, my grandfather was a prisoner for years, he had no money! So he went to the Salvation Army booth and they gave the POWs the money for coffee and a doughnut! He always told my mom to donate to the Salvation Army and she told me, and with modern technology, maybe I can help better a Vets life just by sharing the story to a larger audience.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your plumbing issue gets fixed. I think we had a plumber named Randy and he was awesome too (we had some problems with our kitchen sink the first week we moved in). We're in Delaware so maybe it's the same guy??

    Don't even get me started on Christmas stuff! We don't have ANYTHING. I'm slowly realizing it's going to take years and years to have what I want! I love Christmas decorations but I'm broke from this new house stuff so I'm resisting the urge to buy everything! The train set sounds so cute!

    I like your plug about the Salvation Army. I know it got some bad publicity last year but I always give some money to help our veterans! My boyfriend's grandfather was a POW and both of my grandparents, my great uncle, and my brother in law were/are military guys! They give up so much that a few bucks is the least we can do!

    Can't wait to see your christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's that good you guys know a reliable plumber. May he solve every kink of your plumbing issues. Anyway, I hope you could share some pictures of the decor and the set on the next update. Thanks for sharing! Wishing you guys all the best!

    Martha Ward @ Son-Rise

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to hear about the progress of your bathroom. I'm glad that you love Randy as your plumber. It's really a pleasure working with such a respectable person, because you can be able to put your trust and confidence in him, especially with regard to the things inside your home. Anyway, thanks for sharing that, Chrissie! All the best to you!


    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete